Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chic Custaroons

What a pretty box! Guess what's in it?

 

Ta-da! The chic little box holds yummy custaroons by Gigi Gaerlan!

 

Custaroons are what you get when melt-in-your-mouth flan marries a chewy macaroon! I don't like macaroons (read: the ones with the double o's, not the french macaron, ok?). But this version is sinfully delicious. I think I can finish two big ones in one sitting. There are two flavors: original and cheese. I like the latter better - the cheese lends just enough flavor to balance the otherwise sickeningly sweet macaroon top.

We discovered the Custaroonery by accident the day we bought ornaments. I've tried these before (thanks to my Tita Vi), but this is the first time I've been in their tiny yet very pretty little store.

The store. Oh my gosh. Love. Not only are their goodies beautifully packaged, the store's interiors are gorgeous too. They even have my dream Daphne chairs, and a chandelier to boot! All in a tiny space that's probably just nine square meters. It gives new meaning to the phrase "great things come in small packages"!



Find the Custaroonery at the St. Pio Church parking lot. I hear they have a bigger branch in Eastwood. You can visit their website for details.

 

2 comments:

  1. Jill , even the box looks chic ! Love those Daphne chairs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the box is the same color as my blog title/header! love it! they have pink and purple boxes too.

      Those chairs. Sigh. Another item on my list of Things-I-Will-Buy-When-I-Win-The-Lottery.

      Delete

Your sweet thoughts are always welcome!