Thursday, December 6, 2012

Discovering Digital Domino

Domino, my favorite interior design magazine, folded up years ago. The few issues that I own have been reread many times over, to the point that I can almost memorize its contents. So imagine my delight when I found out recently that Domino launched a digital version! Woot!!!

 

I downloaded the free iPad app. It's lovely! The digital edition is a joy to read - it's interactive and intuitive. Some text is cleverly hidden away behind icons so you can appreciate the photos more. A quick touch reveals the information. The layout changes with your iPad orientation - the app doesn't simply resize the photos, it actually rearranges the way the images and text are laid out on the page! But it does so in a very subtle way, you almost won't notice. Very smart!

 
There are two special issues available for purchase - Quick Fixes and Best Rooms ($6.99 each). I bought Quick Fixes first, and I'm thinking of getting Best Rooms as a Christmas present for myself this month.

Reading through the digital Domino felt like bumping into an old friend you haven't seen in years. You sit down for a long chat to catch up, and you hit it off right where you left off. When you get to the end of the conversation, you feel bitin, and can't wait for next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet thoughts are always welcome!