Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My new passion

People sometimes give me a weird look when I say I've been busy. Some of them don't understand when I say I've been preoccupied with my baby.

Ally turned one a few weeks ago, and it has been the most amazing year of my life. There is nothing more exciting and fulfilling than seeing your baby grow into a little person. It's not all smooth sailing mind you, I've had to weather a lot of storms along the way. It has been rougher than I imagined it to be. But that is nothing compared to what you get in return: the joys of being a parent!

So yes, I've been preoccupied with my baby.

How can someone this adorable not make everything else unimportant in comparison?

How can you not drop everything else, and pay attention as she learns to say her first words? As she takes her first few wobbly steps?

How can you not give her your full attention when she excitedly points to the figure outside the window, and says in a very articulate manner "Cat!"?

How can you think about doing anything else when she hands you "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry St." to read?

Is there anything else you'd rather do than to discover new things with her?

Is there a job more important than teaching her about the world around her?

To me there isn't, so I am embracing motherhood and enjoying every moment I get to spend with my little one.

They aren't little forever. The beads and clay can wait.
Photos of Ally by Kat Wycoco

5 comments:

Your sweet thoughts are always welcome!